3.30pm-5.30pm during term time
Good leadership skills
Growing Christian faith
Enjoys working with children
Adaptable, creative and friendly
Show Initiative During Daily Activities
- You are required to help prepare food, wash dishes, entertain children and clean up daily.
- You are required to support the supervisors behaviour management system
- You are required to listen to and follow the Supervisor’s directions
- If you struggle with any of the areas listed in this Volunteer Service Agreement, you need to discuss it with the Coordinator.
Provide a Safe Physical Environment for the Children
- You must report all accidents immediately to the Supervisor who will record them in the accident and medical book
- Be familiar with SHARP Policies (especially Discipline, Safety and Fire) and emergency requirements and procedures
- You will not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while volunteering at SHARP
- Only appropriate physical contact will be used. E.g. pats on the shoulder. No hugging, kissing or children sitting on knees.
- If someone enters the programme who is not a staff member or volunteer you will need to alert your Supervisor
- Dress appropriately for working with children
Show a Caring Christian Attitude Towards the Children’s Emotional Needs
- Be aware of individual children who may need extra support
- You will be given opportunities to openly and regularly share aspects of Christian faith with children (i.e. reading Christian books, talking and singing songs)
- Use appropriate/child friendly language
- Be a positive role model
Actively Develop Team Bond Amongst Your Group of Children
- You will work alongside a group of children and interact with them
- Develop positive relationships between yourself and the children through encouraging and praising them
Complete Tasks Independently and with Excellence
- You must arrive no later than 3.30pm
- Commit to the days I am rostered on for
- You need to accept and act on constructive professional criticism (i.e. make changes to your behaviour if asked)
- Attend all meetings, debriefs and training activities
- Communicate to the coordinator at least 2 hours before the programme starting if you’re unable to come to SHARP.
- If you are planning to do something else instead of SHARP I will find another leader to fill in for me and let the Coordinator know.